St Andrew’s Church stands prominently at the eastern end of Meols Drive at the junction with Graham Road. A late Victorian gothic building with steep pitched slate roof and spire, the church is a major landmark. It was begun in 1889 and completed in 1909.
The work was carried out in two phases, the first designed by Douglas and Fordham and the second by Douglas and Minshull. The church is constructed from red sandstone and is an imposing building typical of its era.